[AA-> PAD] Metabot Mapping
If you have bots in AA that call metabots, this is how to link the calls to the correct desktop flows in PAD.
How to find SourceObjectID, SourceActionID, Source Object Name, and Source Action Name:
- Open up the Digital Blueprint of the uploaded .atmx file
- Navigate to the "Run Logic" action in the Blueprint
- Expand the Utility Panel
- Navigate to the Properties sectionYou can expand the viewer by clicking "Expand/Reduce"
- SourceObjectID is MbtPath(String)
SourceActionID is LogicID(String)
MbtName is SourceObjectName(String)
LogicName is SourceActionName(String)
How to find TargetActionID:
- Create a new flow in Power Automate Desktop or go to an existing flow
- Create action Run Desktop Flow and select the external flow representing the metabot you would like to call
- Copy the Run Desktop Flow action you just created into notepad/word
- Should look something like this:
- TargetActionID is FlowId
How to set up input/output variables:
- User will need to copy columns A through H for each input/output variable called by the same external flow
- User only needs to define columns I through N for each input/output variable
- TargetParameterName is the value that is labeled Variable Name in the Input / Output section in the desktop pad flow that is acting as a metabot:The External Name is just the name the variable appears as when using the Run Desktop Flow action in the main flow. It is not what should be used in the mapping file and is only for visual purposes within Power Automate.
- TargetParameterName is the value that is labeled Variable Name in the Input / Output section in the desktop pad flow that is acting as a metabot: