Configure Automation Anywhere Integration Settings
Blueprint integrates with Automation Anywhere to accelerate and scale robot development and orchestration. Users can seamlessly push aligned and prioritized business processes along with all related constraints like rules, policies, regulations, etc. to provide robot developers with a head start and unparalleled visibility and context.
Once the integration is configured in Blueprint, users can export a Process model with a single click to Automation Anywhere which sends the business process with all the visual elements including task details and traces that exist.
You also have the option to enable the ability to download Automation Anywhere project files locally and then open them in an Automation Anywhere V11 client, and then upload to the Control Room later.
In Automation Anywhere, a Developer can then see the visual business process with its associated tasks/steps, and decisions alongside all the associated artifacts. Links are also sent across for the Process and the tasks within the Process for developers to reference inside Blueprint, streamlining development while minimizing risk.
To be able to feed Process models - along with all visual elements and traces - from Blueprint to Automation Anywhere, a Project Administrator must first configure your Automation Anywhere integration settings in the Project Administration Portal.
To configure your Automation Anywhere integration settings:
- Click Projects in the Blueprint Administration Portal.
For information on how to access the Admin Portal, see the About the Administration Portal article.
- Select the project that you want to set up the Automation Anywhere integration for (that is, the project where you will be designing and optimizing process models to be pushed to Automation Anywhere).
- Click RPA Integration and select Automation Anywhere in the dropdown displayed.
- In the Automation Anywhere Integration Settings page displayed, select the Enable Automation Anywhere (AA) Integration checkbox.
- Define the different methods to either enable the integration with Automation Anywhere or to download the files locally depending on the version of Automation Anywhere that you are using:
- For Automation Anywhere V11:
To enable the ability to download Automation Anywhere project files locally and open them in an Automation Anywhere V11 instance, select the Project Files Download (V11 Compatible).
- For Automation Anywhere Enterprise A2019:
To enable the integration so project files are exported directly to an Automation Anywhere Enterprise A2019 instance, select the Integrate via API (A2019 Compatible) checkbox.
- Enter the URL for your Automation Anywhere Enterprise A2019 instance in the Automation Anywhere Instance URL field.
- Enter your Automation Anywhere username in the corresponding field.
- The API integration with Blueprint can use either your Automation Anywhere password or an API key for authentication.
To use your Automation Anywhere password, select the Password radio button and enter your password in the corresponding field.
To use an API Key, select the API Key radio button and enter the key in the corresponding field.
- Click Save.
- For Automation Anywhere V11: