Blue Prism Import Configuration with Blueprint
In Blueprint, you can easily import bots from Blue Prism and convert them into Digital Blueprints to consolidate all automations in one system of record, add value to your existing bot ecosystem, and export automations into any RPA tool of your choosing.
To configure Blue Prism imports in Blueprint for projects that don't use the RPA Process Support as their template, you must first create a Block standard property and assign it to Process: Shape Sub-Artifact types.
Any projects created with the RPA Process Support as its template also have the Block property automatically assigned into the Process: Shape sub-artifact.
Any projects created with different templates, or entirely from scratch, require administrators to assign the Block property into the Process: Shape sub-artifact manually. This means that customers that have upgraded to Blueprint 12.0 or newer from a previous Blueprint version, must manually configure Blue Prism imports in Blueprint following the steps below.
Create a Block Standard Property and Assign to Process: Shape Sub-Artifact Types
For projects that don't use the RPA Process Support as their template, Blue Prism imports require the Block standard property to be created and then assigned to Process: Shape sub-artifact type. This is because when Blue Prism processes are imported into Blueprint, the system keeps track of which shapes are in which Blocks via the Block property.
To create a Block Standard property and assign it to a Process: Shape sub-artifact type:
- In the Administration Portal, under Instance, click Artifact Management and select Standard Properties.
For information on how to access the Admin Portal, see the About the Administration Portal article.
- Click Add Standard Property.
- In the page displayed:
- Click the default name in the header and enter the name Block.
- In the Type field, select Text.
- Click Save.
- Under Instance, click Projects.
- Open the project you would like to conduct the Blue Prism Import in.
- Under the Project Administration header, click Artifact Management and select Project Artifact Types.
- Search for and select Process: Shape.
- Click Assign Project Properties in the Details page.
- Search for and select the Block property and then click OK.
- Click Save.