Quickly Reconcile Artifacts
You can quickly reconcile an artifact by overwriting the artifacts according to the values you want to keep, or by arbitrarily clearing a suspect flag.
To quickly reconcile a reuse relationship or a suspect trace:
- Click the Reuse tab in the Relationship slider of the Utility Panel.
- To reconcile multiple artifacts with reuse relationships or suspect flags, select the artifacts you want to reconcile.
You can use the options in each trace artifact to perform single reconciliation actions or select multiple artifacts and use the reconciliation options at the top of the Relationship slider for bulk actions.
- Click the Reconcile reuse relationship icon () in the Relationship slider.
- Select one of the following two options to reconcile the suspect flag or reuse relationship.
- Overwrite To - overwrites the values of the artifact that shares the reuse relationship with the values of the currently selected artifact
- Overwrite From - overwrites the values of the currently selected artifact with the values from the artifact that shares the reuse relationshipThis is the only option available for bulk reconciliation.
- Click Merge to select the properties, relationships, attachments, sub artifacts, and documents to keep when reconciling artifacts with a reuse relationship. For more information, see the Merge Artifacts article.
- Click the delete icon () to delete the reuse relationship and any suspect flags from both the source and reused artifact.
- To arbitrarily clear a suspect flag without updating properties in either the source or reused artifact, click the suspect flag icon () and then click OK in the Confirmation modal.
This option arbitrarily clears the suspect flag without updating properties in either the source or reused artifact.