Select the Scope of Project Group Assignments on a Project Role
As a project administrator with the corresponding privileges, you can define the scope of a Project Group's assignment on a Project Role.
This means that you can specify a specific part of the project (like a folder, or an individual artifact) that a Project Group can access and perform work in, allowing you to direct and control access to a specific part of a project.
a) the "View Groups, Project Roles, and Project Role Assignments" privilege in their Project Administrator Role, or
b) the "Administer All Projects" privilege in their Instance Administrator Role.
For more information on Project Administrator Roles, see the Manage Project Administrator Roles article. For more information on Instance Administrator Roles, see the Manage Instance Administrator Roles article.
To select the scope of Project Group Assignments on a Project Role:
- In the Administration Portal, click Projects and select the project you want to select the scope of Project Group Assignments on a Project Role for.
For information on how to access the Admin Portal, see the About the Administration Portal article.
- Under Projects, click User Management and select Project Roles.
- Click the Project Role you want to select the scope of Project Group Assignments for.
- Click the Project Group Assignments tab.
- Click the edit icon for the Project Group you want to select the scope of Project Group Assignments for.
You can also search for specific Project Groups using the search bar. You can also sort the table by clicking a column header to display each column in alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order.
- Select the specific part of the project you want to define as the scope for the Project Group and then click OK.Users that don't have view permissions across the entire project will not be able to load the project in explorer panel.
- Click Save on the Project Role's details page.