About Standard Properties
A Standard Property refers to the descriptive data that is associated with an artifact or sub-artifact. Standard Properties allow you to create a single property and apply it to all projects across an instance, instead of creating the property manually in each project. By creating the property once at the instance level, you save time and ensure consistency and standardization for properties across all projects.
Standard Properties are created, edited, and assigned to artifact types by Storyteller administrators with the applicable privileges.
Standard, System, and Custom Properties
Standard properties are different from default system properties that apply to all artifacts and sub-artifacts (such as Name and Artifact ID).
Standard properties are also different from custom properties, which only apply to specified projects. Project Administrators cannot edit Standard Properties but they can assign Standard Properties to custom artifact types.
The different types of Standard Properties available in Storyteller include:
Each Standard Property type provides different settings that can be configured.
For more information on managing Standard Properties, click one of the following links:
- Manage Standard Properties
- Add a Standard Property
- Edit a Standard Property
- Copy a Standard Property
- Delete a Standard Property
- Delete Multiple Standard Properties
- Add Valid Values to a Standard Choice Property
- Edit Valid Values for a Standard Choice Property
- Delete Valid Values from a Standard Choice Property
- Assign Standard Properties to Standard Artifact Types
- Unassign Standard Properties from Standard Artifact Types