Copy a Project Property
In cases where you want to add a Custom Project Property that is similar to one that already exists with minor alterations, project administrators can copy an existing Custom Project Property's values into a new Custom Property and make modifications as needed.
Project Administrators can copy a Standard Property's values into a new Custom Property. This will not modify the Standard Property.
To copy an existing Custom Property:
- In the Storyteller Administration Portal, click Projects and select the project you want to copy a Custom Property from.
For information on how to access the Admin Portal, see the About the Administration Portal article.
- Under Projects, click Artifact Management and select Project Properties.
- On the Project Properties list page, click the property you want to copy.
You can search for it by name using the search bar in the upper right corner.
You can also sort the list by clicking the column header to display each column in alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order. Click the Category column header to bring all Custom Properties to the top of the table.
- Click Copy at the bottom of the page.
- In the page displayed, all values from the copied property have been carried over to your new Custom Property. Edit the following copied fields as needed:
- Click the name in the header and enter a new name for the new, copied Custom Property you are creating.
- Edit the type of Custom Property in the Type field as needed.
The Custom Property types available are: Text, Number, Date, Choice, User. The resulting settings that you can configure vary depending on the type of property you select.
- In the Settings section, edit the settings for your Custom Property like whether it is a required field or has a default value.
To add valid values for Choice type properties, see the Add Valid Values for a Choice Type Custom Property article.
- To assign the property to a Project Artifact Type, see the Assign Project Properties to Project Artifact Types article.
- Click Save.