Using a Designated Approval Property
Designated Approval Property allows Blueprint users to have an automatically updated representation of whether an artifact has been Formally Approved or not.
Unlike other properties, the value in a Designated Approval Property cannot be changed by users manually. Instead, the property is set to “No” by default and is read-only. To change the Designated Approval Property, users will have to include their artifacts in a formal review, and have the artifact receive unanimous approval.
1. The artifact is in a Formal Review
2. The artifact’s author is not the sole approver of the Formal Review
3. All approvers in the Formal Review have approved the artifact
4. All approvers in the Formal Review have completed their review
To change the “No” value in the Designated Approval Property to “Yes” on a set of artifacts:
- Create a review, or edit an existing review. See the Create a Review article for more information.
- Add the desired artifacts to the review. See the Add Artifacts to a Review article for more information.
- All artifacts with Designated Approval Properties should have Approval Status set to “Required”
- Add the desired approvers to the review. See the Add Participants to a Review article, and the Set Roles for a Review article for more information.
- Start the review. See the Start a Review article for more information.
- To change the Designated Approval Property on any given artifact in the review, each approver in the review must:
- In the event of all approvers in a review approving an artifact and completing their review, the system will automatically conduct the following steps:
- Change the Designated Approval Property value from “No” to “Yes”
- Publish a new version of the artifact