Manage Standard Artifact Types
A Standard Artifact Type is an artifact classification in Blueprint. By default, Standard Artifact Types are associated with all projects in the instance. For this reason, Standard Artifact Types can aid administrators in creating a more consistent experience across their instance, and remove redundancies between projects.
To access and manage Standard Artifact Types:
- In the Administration Portal, under Instance, click Artifact Management and select Standard Artifact Types.For information on how to access the Admin Portal, see the About the Administration Portal article.
- The Standard Artifact Types page displays all the Standard Artifact Types in your instance. Click an artifact type in the Name column to see its details.
You can search for artifact types by name or prefix using the search bar in the upper right corner.
You can also sort the list by clicking a column header to display each column in alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order.
- The page displayed provides all the details for that artifact type including:
- Who it was created by and when
- Who it was last edited by and when
- Its icon, prefix, base type, and group label
- Its default description
- All Standard Properties assigned to that artifact type
- Click the Project Assignments tab to see all the projects in your instance that the artifact type is assigned to.
- Click the Reuse Settings tab to set how the artifact type behaves when reused.
- For information on how to complete further actions regarding Standard Artifact Types, click one of the following links:
- Add a Standard Artifact Type
- Edit a Standard Artifact Type
- Copy a Standard Artifact Type
- Delete a Standard Artifact Type
- Delete Multiple Standard Artifact Types
- Assign Standard Properties to a Standard Artifact Type
- Unassign Standard Properties from a Standard Artifact Type
- Assign Projects to a Standard Artifact Type
- Unassign Projects from a Standard Artifact Type
- Manage Reuse Settings for a Standard Artifact Type