Assign Project Groups to a Project Role
As a project administrator, you can use Project Roles to define various levels of access based on your team or organization's needs. You can then assign the users within groups to the appropriate Project Roles.
a) the "View Groups, Project Roles, and Project Role Assignments" privilege in their Project Administrator Role, or
b) the "Administer All Projects" privilege in their Instance Administrator Role.
For more information on Project Administrator Roles, see the Manage Project Administrator Roles article. For more information on Instance Administrator Roles, see the Manage Instance Administrator Roles article.
To assign Project Groups to a Project Role:
- In the Administration Portal, click Projects and select the project you want to assign Project Groups to Project Roles for.
For information on how to access the Admin Portal, see the About the Administration Portal article.
- Under Projects, click User Management and select Project Roles.
- Click the Project Role you want to assign Project Groups to.
- Click the Project Group Assignments tab.
- Click the Assign Project Groups button.
- Select the checkboxes for all the Project Groups you want to assign to that Project Role and then click OK.
You can also search for specific Project Groups using the search bar. You can also sort the table by clicking a column header to display each column in alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order.
- Click Save on the Project Role's details page.