Edit a Project Role
To edit Project Roles:
a) the "View Groups, Project Roles, and Project Role Assignments" privilege in their Project Administrator Role, or
b) the "Administer All Projects" privilege in their Instance Administrator Role.
For more information on Project Administrator Roles, see the Manage Project Administrator Roles article. For more information on Instance Administrator Roles, see the Manage Instance Administrator Roles article..
- In the Administration Portal, click Projects and select the project you want to edit a Project Role for.
For information on how to access the Admin Portal, see the About the Administration Portal article.
- Under Projects, click User Management and select Project Roles.
- On the Project Roles page displayed, click the role you want to edit.
- To edit the role's name, click the name in the header and modify the name as needed.
- To edit the role's description, click the Description field and make your changes as needed.
- To edit the privileges associated to the role, select or clear the checkboxes as needed in the Privileges section.
- To edit the Project Administrator Role, click and select another role in the corresponding field. All Project Groups assigned to the role will have that Project Administrator Role assigned to them.
The Project Administrator Role Description is automatically changed and populated according to the role selected in the Projected Administrator Role field.
- To edit Meaning of Signature, click and select another Meaning of Signature in the corresponding field.
The Meaning of Signature field only appears for roles in projects where Meaning of Signatures have been enabled.
- To edit the role's assigned project groups, see the Assign Project Groups to a Project Role article.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.