Manage Reuse Settings for Standard Artifact Types
As a Storyteller administrator, you can manage Reuse settings for all the Standard Artifact Types in your instance, meaning that you can define how reuse works for specific artifact types.
To manage the Reuse settings for your Standard Artifact Types:
- In the Storyteller Administration Portal, under Instance, click Artifact Management and select Standard Artifact Types.For information on how to access the Admin Portal, see the About the Administration Portal article.
- On the Standard Artifact Types list page, click the artifact type you want to manage the Reuse settings for.
You can search for artifact types by name or prefix using the search bar in the upper right corner.
You can also sort the list by clicking a column header to display each column in alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order.
- On the Standard Artifact Type's details page, click the Reuse Settings tab.
- In the Reuse Settings tab:
- Select the Allow override by user checkbox if you want your users to be able to override the read-only settings you define below and modify those attributes or properties when they reuse that artifact type.
- In the Attributes table, select the Read Only or Sensitive checkboxes for each attribute as needed.
Read only does not allow the user to change that attribute when that artifact is reused (in the new, reused artifact). Selecting the Sensitive checkbox allows the users to modify that attribute in the newly reused artifact.
- In the Properties table, select the Read Only or Sensitive checkboxes for each property as needed.
Read only does not allow the user to change that property in the new, reused artifact when that artifact is reused. Selecting the Sensitive checkbox allows the users to modify that property in the newly reused artifact.The properties displayed here depend on the properties that are defined for this Standard Artifact Type.
- Click Save.