Restore Values or Attributes of an Artifact to a Previous Version
If you don't want to restore all the values or attributes of a previous version, Version Restore provides the ability to select specific values or attributes from a previous version that you want to restore.
To restore specific values or attributes of an artifact from a previous version:
- Click the History tab in Utility Panel for the artifact you want to restore values from a previous version for.
- Select the most recent version and the older version that you want to restore values from.Restoring values between artifact versions can only be performed for the most recent version and only one older version.
- Click the Restore Select Values icon () at the top of the History tab.
- The Restore Select Values modal is displayed. It contains separate tabs for the properties, relationships, attachments, document references, and sub-artifacts for both versions of the artifact.
The values displayed are those which differ between versions.Each tab displays the following information:
By default, displays any properties that have changed such as Name, Description, and any other additional properties the artifact versions might have.
Displays the trace discrepancies between the artifact versions. Specifically, this tab presents the artifact ID and name of the trace artifact, in addition to which version contains the trace.
This is defined with an indicator in the corresponding artifact version column with the trace, and also indicates the direction of the trace according to the following:
Displays any changes in attachments by illustrating the name of the attachment and which of the two artifact versions that it resides in.
Displays any changes in document references indicated by the name of the document reference and which of the two artifact versions that it resides in.
Indicates changes at the sub-artifact level between the two artifact versions. Examples might include the addition of a shape in the Universal Model Editor, or a glossary term change (in the case of a glossary term change, the same tab is labeled as Terms instead of Sub-artifacts).
The exact change is not displayed, however links to the artifacts are provided so discrepancies can be investigated before a value to restore is selected.You can only restore all sub-artifacts from a specific version—picking and choosing individual sub-artifacts to restore is not supported.
Lists and displays all the values you have selected to restore and the trace direction of any traces being restored.
Depending on how many values have been changed, some tabs may not display any values, whereas others may not be available. For example, if the artifacts do not contain any sub-artifacts, the Sub-artifacts tab is not available
- In the Restore Select Values modal:
- Click the value you want to restore between the two artifact versions.Select the Show only differing values toggle to display only the values that have changed. If the toggle is unselected, the Restore Select Values modal displays all values for the two artifact versions, with the values that haven't changed in grey.The selected value is displayed in the Restored Values column.
You can also perform the step by selecting the checkbox for the values you want to restore or maintain, and then clicking the Actions button and selecting one of the following three options.
Click the information icon () to see the complete value of each field.
Maintains the values of the newest version.
Overwrites the values of the newest version with the values of the previous version of the artifact.
This option can be used to reset the selections on any tab you are viewing.
Click Reset All Selections before publishing at any time to clear all restored or kept values and begin selecting the values to merge again.
- Perform the above steps for all tabs in the modal to restore all desired values.
- The Summary tab lists and displays all the values you have selected to restore and the trace direction of any traces being restored.
- Click Restore.
- Click the value you want to restore between the two artifact versions.