Select the Scope of Project Role Assignments on a Project Group
As a project administrator with the corresponding privileges, you can define the scope of a Project Role's assignment on a Project Group.
This means that you can specify a specific part of the project (like a folder, or individual parent artifact) that a Project Role can access and perform work in, allowing you to direct and control access to a specific part of a project.
a) the "Manage Groups, Project Roles, and Project Role Assignments" privilege in their Project Administrator Role, or
b) the "Administer All Projects" privilege in their Instance Administrator Role.
For more information on Project Administrator Roles, see the Manage Project Administrator Roles article. For more information on Instance Administrator Roles, see the Manage Instance Administrator Roles article.
To select the scope of Project Role Assignments on a Project Group:
- In the Administration Portal, click Projects and select the project in which you want to select the scope of Project Role Assignments on a Project Group.
For information on how to access the Admin Portal, see the About the Administration Portal article.
- Under Projects, click User Management and select Project Groups.
- Click the Project Group you want to select the scope of Project Role Assignments for.
- Click the Project Role Assignments tab.
- Click the edit icon for the Project Role you want to select the scope of Project Role Assignments for.
You can also search for specific Project Roles using the search bar and sort the table by clicking a column header (with the exception of the Description header) to display each column in alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order.
- Select the specific part of the project you want to define as the scope for the Project Role and then click OK.Users that don't have view permissions across the entire project, will not be able to load the project in explorer panel.
- Click Save on the Project Group's details page.