Change an Artifact Type
The ability to change artifact types provides an excellent mechanism for managing the lifecycle of an artifact. A simple example where this functionality could be useful would be in taking an Automation Request artifact and changing it to an Epic, sliding it into the backlog portion of your project, instead of having to duplicate the artifact.
To change an artifact type:
- Access the artifact that you want to change the type for.
- Click the More button and select Change Artifact Type for artifact ID.
- In the Change Artifact Type modal, select the artifact type in the corresponding field you would like to change to and then click Change and Publish.
Change the Artifact Type for Multiple Artifacts
In Descendants View or Collections, you also have the option of changing the artifact type for artifacts in bulk.
To change multiple artifacts at the same time in Descendants View or a Collection:
- Select the checkbox for all the artifacts that you want to edit.
- Click the Actions button and select Change Artifact Type.
- In the Change Artifact Type modal, select the artifact type in the corresponding field you would like to change all the selected artifacts to and then click Change and Publish.
Change Artifact Type Considerations
The following are some considerations to take into account when changing artifact types:
- Changing an artifact’s type may cause some features of RPA integrations to break with regards to integrating the same process multiple times (changing an artifact’s prefix may cause the system to not recognize it as the same artifact)
- Changing an artifact’s type may result in the loss of workflow state (the new artifact type may not have the workflow applied to it)
- Properties not common to both types will be lost when changing the artifact type