Add Office Document Templates
To add an Office Document Template to your Storyteller instance:
- In the Storyteller Administration Portal, click Advanced Settings and then select Templates in the side panel.For information on how to access the Admin Portal, see the About the Administration Portal article.
- Click Add Office Document Template at the top of the table on the Templates page.
- Configure the settings for your new template by selecting the corresponding checkboxes or entering desired values in the following fields:
- Include Files — If selected, the generated document is packaged in a .zip file with all associated documents and attachments in the artifact.
- Rich Text Formatting — If selected, any rich text formatting in Storyteller is preserved in the generated document.
- Font Size Scale — Select the percentage you want to scale font size to within rich text fields in the generated document.Font size scale must be a whole number between 50 and 500 percent.
- Include Open Discussions — If selected, open discussions are included in the generated document.
- Include Closed Discussions — If selected, closed discussions are included in the generated document.
- Attach Source Data to Document Output — If selected, the generated document is packaged in a .zip file with the project XML data that was used to generate the document.
The project XML data can be useful if:
- you want to author a template using data and image references from your project
- you are debugging a problem with the template you are using
- you want to provide Blueprint support with the project XML data that generated the template
- Click Upload.
- In the file browser displayed, locate and select the Office Document Template you want to add.
- Select the Prompt for User Input checkbox if you want the User Inputs table content to be displayed to the user during document generation.
For more information regarding user inputs, see the Add User Inputs to Office Document Templates article.
- Click Save.