Copy a Project Group
There may be cases where you want a similar Project Group as one that already exists with slight alterations.
In those cases, a project administrator with the corresponding privileges can copy an existing Project Group to create a new one and make modifications as needed.
a) the "Manage Groups, Project Roles, and Project Role Assignments" privilege in their Project Administrator Role, or
b) the "Administer All Projects" privilege in their Instance Administrator Role.
For more information on Project Administrator Roles, see the Manage Project Administrator Roles article. For more information on Instance Administrator Roles, see the Manage Instance Administrator Roles article.
To copy a Project Group:
- In the Administration Portal, click Projects and select the project in which you want to copy a Project Group.
For information on how to access the Admin Portal, see the About the Administration Portal article.
- Under Projects, click User Management and select Project Groups.
- On the Project Groups page displayed, click the group you want to copy.
- Click Copy at the bottom of the page.
- In the page displayed:
- Click the default name copied over in the header and enter a new name for the Project Group you are creating.
- Edit the Group's email address that acts as the distribution list for all group members by clicking the Group Email field and making your edits as needed.
- Click Save.
- Group members are not copied over. To add group members to the Project Group, see the Assign Members to a Project Group article.
- Project Roles are not copied over. To assign Project Roles to that Project Group, see the Assign Project Roles to a Project Group article.
- To define the scope for your new Project Group, see the Select Scope of Project Role Assignments on a Project Group article.