Add a Project Group
Adding Project-level Groups allows project administrators to create new sets of users within the project. These users can then be assigned access to the project.
a) the "Manage Groups, Project Roles, and Project Role Assignments" privilege in their Project Administrator Role, or
b) the "Administer All Projects" privilege in their Instance Administrator Role.
For more information on Project Administrator Roles, see the Manage Project Administrator Roles article. For more information on Instance Administrator Roles, see the Manage Instance Administrator Roles article.
To add Project Groups:
- In the Administration Portal, click Projects and select the project where you want to add a Project Group.
For information on how to access the Admin Portal, see the About the Administration Portal article.
- Under Projects, click User Management and select Project Groups.
- Click Add Project Group.
- In the page displayed:
- Click the default name in the header and enter a new name for the Project Group you are creating.
- Enter a valid email address in the Group Email field that will act as the distribution list for all group members.
- Click Save.
- To add group members to the Project Group, see the Assign Members to a Project Group article.
- To assign Project Roles to that Project Group, see the Assign Project Roles to a Project Group article.
- To define the scope of your Project Group's access, see the Select Scope of Project Role Assignments on a Project Group article.