Copy a Standard Artifact Type
There might be scenarios where you want to add a Standard Artifact Type that is similar to one that already exists with minor alterations.
In those cases, Blueprint administrators can copy an existing Standard Artifact Type's settings into a new one and make alterations as needed.
To copy an existing Standard Artifact Type:
- In the Administration Portal, under Instance, click Artifact Management and select Standard Artifact Types.For information on how to access the Admin Portal, see the About the Administration Portal article.
- On the Standard Artifact Types list page, click the artifact type you want to copy.
You can search for it by name or prefix using the search bar in the upper right corner.
You can also sort the list by clicking the column header to display each column in alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order.
- Click Copy at the bottom of the page.
- In the page displayed, all values from the copied artifact type have been carried over to your new artifact. Edit the following copied fields as needed:
- Edit the artifact type's name by clicking the name in the header and making your changes.
- Group Label
- Default Description
- To manage Standard Properties, see the Assign Standard Properties to a Standard Artifact Type article.
- Click Save.