Copy a Standard Property
In cases where you want to add a Standard Property that is similar to one that already exists with minor alterations, Blueprint administrators can copy an existing Standard Property's values into a new one and make modifications as needed.
To copy an existing Standard Property:
- In the Administration Portal, under Instance, click Artifact Management and select Standard Properties.For information on how to access the Admin Portal, see the About the Administration Portal article.
- On the Standard Properties list page, click the property you want to copy.
You can search for it by name using the search bar in the upper right corner.
You can also sort the list by clicking the column header to display each column in alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order.
- Click Copy at the bottom of the page.
- In the page displayed, all values from the copied property have been carried over to your new Standard Property. Edit the following copied fields as needed:
- Click the name in the header and enter a new name for the new, copied Standard Property you are creating.
- Edit the type of Standard Property in the Type field as needed.
The Standard Property types available are: Text, Number, Date, Choice, User. The resulting settings that you can configure vary depending on the type of property you select.
- In the Settings section, edit the settings for your Standard Property like whether it is a required field or has a default value.
To add valid values for Choice type properties, see the Add Valid Values for a Choice Type Standard Property article.
- To assign the property to a Standard Artifact Type, see the Assign Standard Properties to Standard Artifact Types article.
- Click Save.