Edit a Custom Property
Project administrators can modify Custom Properties by editing their name, reconfiguring the property's settings, or adjusting which Project Artifact Types they're assigned to.
Standard Properties can be viewed by Project Administrators, but cannot be edited.
To edit a Custom Property:
- In the Administration Portal, click Projects and select the project you want to edit a Custom Property for.
For information on how to access the Admin Portal, see the About the Administration Portal article.
- Under Projects, click Artifact Management and select Project Properties.
- In the Project Properties page, click the name of the property you want to edit.
You can search for the property by name using the search bar in the upper right corner.
You can also sort the list by clicking a column header to display each column in alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order. Click the Category column header to bring all Custom Properties to the top of the table.
- In the Project Property's details page displayed, edit the following fields as needed:
- Edit the Project Property's name by clicking the name in the header and making your changes.
- Type of property. The Project Property types available are: Text, Number, Date, Choice, User.
- In the Settings section, modify the settings for your Project Property like whether it is a required field or has a default value and what that default value is.
To edit valid values for Choice type properties, see the Edit Valid Values for a Choice Type Custom Property article.
- To assign the property to a Project Artifact Type, see the Assign Project Properties to a Project Artifact Type article.
To unassign the property from a Project Artifact Type, see the Unassign Standard Properties from a Project Artifact Type article.
- Click Save.