Add a Project Role
As a project administrator, you can use Project Roles to define various levels of access based on your team or organization's needs. You can then assign users and groups to the appropriate project roles.
a) the "View Groups, Project Roles, and Project Role Assignments" privilege in their Project Administrator Role, or
b) the "Administer All Projects" privilege in their Instance Administrator Role.
For more information on Project Administrator Roles, see the Manage Project Administrator Roles article. For more information on Instance Administrator Roles, see the Manage Instance Administrator Roles article..
To add Project Roles:
- In the Administration Portal, click Projects and select the project you want to add a Project Role for.
For information on how to access the Admin Portal, see the About the Administration Portal article.
- Under Projects, click User Management and select Project Roles.
- Click Add Project Role.
- In the page displayed:
- Click the default name in the header and enter a new name for the Project Role you are creating.
- Enter a description for the role in the Description field. This will give other administrators quick context for reference when managing roles.
- Define the privileges to be associated with the role by selecting each desired privilege in the Privileges section.
- If desired, select an associated Project Administrator Role in the corresponding field. All Project Groups assigned to the role will have that Project Administrator Role assigned to them.
The Project Administrator Role Description is automatically populated according to the role selected in the Projected Administrator Role field.
- If Meaning of Signature is enabled for the project, and you desire users associated with this Project Role to have a certain Meaning of Signature when signing off on reviews, select a Meaning of Signature.
- To assign project groups to that role, see the Assign Project Groups to a Project Role article.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.