Require Review Approvals to Have Electronic Signature
You can configure an Approval within a Review to require an Electronic Signature. This setting only applies to Formal Reviews.
Approval Requires Electronic Signature
Enabling the Approval Requires Electronic Signature setting will require all Approvers in a Formal Review to enter their login credentials each time they change the approval status of an artifact.
If they use bulk actions to change the approval status of multiple artifacts, they will only have to enter their login credentials once.
Electronic Signature Requires Meaning of Signature
Enabling the Electronic Signature Requires Meaning of Signature setting will require all Approvers in a Formal Review to choose their role or reason for submission, in addition to entering their login credentials, each time they change the approval status of an artifact.
When performing bulk actions, only artifacts with the same Meaning of Signature should be grouped together.
In order to enable Meaning of Signature in your Review, it must first be enabled for the project. This is done by a Project Administrator in the Administration Console.
If Approval Requires Electronic Signature and Meaning of Signature are enabled in the Settings tab in a Review artifact, you can select one or more Meanings of Signature for Approvers in your Review.
Set Electronic Signature Requires Meaning of Signature
To set Approval Requires Electronic Signature and define the Meaning of Signature for a Review:
- Access the Review artifact of interest and click the Settings tab.
- In the Approval Requirements & Authentication section, select the Approval Requires Electronic Signature checkbox.
- In the Meaning of Signature column, click the Edit icon to open the Meaning of Signature drop-down.
- Select the Meaning of Signature you want to set for that Approver.
You can select as many roles as there are available for that Approver.
- Click the Edit icon or anywhere else in the application to close the drop-down.
Once Approval Requires Electronic Signature is enabled, it cannot be changed when the Review is set to Active.