Manage Project Groups
Project Groups are a set of users that can be assigned a particular Project Role, offering another mechanism project administrators can use to control access to a project.
a) the "View Groups, Project Roles, and Project Role Assignments" privilege in their Project Administrator Role, or
b) the "Administer All Projects" privilege in their Instance Administrator Role.
For more information on Project Administrator Roles, see the Manage Project Administrator Roles article. For more information on Instance Administrator Roles, see the Manage Instance Administrator Roles article.
To access and manage Project Groups:
- In the Administration Portal, click Projects and select the project where you want to manage Project Groups.
For information on how to access the Admin Portal, see the About the Administration Portal article.
- Under Projects, click User Management and select Project Groups.
- The page displayed lists all the Project Groups for that project. Click a group in the Name column to see its details.
You can also sort the list by clicking any column header (with the exception of the Description column) to display each column in alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order.
- The group's details page provides all the information for that Project Group including:
- The Group Email indicating the email address acting as a distribution list for all group members.
- The Group Type. Project-level Groups will always have an Access group type by default. For more information on group types, see the About Groups article.
- The scope of the Project Group, meaning which project or part of a project the group members can access. For more information regarding defining the scope for a Project Group, see the Select Scope of Project Role Assignments on a Project Group article.
- All the members of the Project Group by clicking the Group Members tab.
- The Project Role Assignments for that Project Group by clicking the Project Role Assignments tab.
- For information on how to complete further actions regarding Project Groups, click one of the following links:
- Add a Project Group
- Edit a Project Group
- Copy a Project Group
- Delete a Project Group
- Delete Multiple Project Groups
- Assign Members to a Project Group
- Unassign Members from a Project Group
- Assign Project Roles to a Project Group
- Select Scope of Project Role Assignments on a Project Group
- Unassign Project Roles from a Project Group