Add a Custom Artifact Type
Project Administrators with the corresponding privileges can create Custom Artifact Types to meet the needs of specific projects, providing you with significant flexibility in the way you can categorize the artifacts in a project.
To add a Custom Artifact Type:
- In the Storyteller Administration Portal, click Projects and select the project you want to add a Custom Artifact Type to.
For information on how to access the Admin Portal, see the About the Administration Portal article.
- Under Projects, click Artifact Management and select Project Artifact Types.
- Click Add Custom Artifact Type.
- In the page displayed:
- Click the default name in the header and enter a new name for the Custom Artifact Type you are creating.
- Add an icon to your Custom Artifact Type that will be displayed in the Explorer and header in the artifact details page by clicking the Upload image icon.
- Enter a prefix in the Prefix field to help your users quickly identify the artifact type.The prefix is a required field and must be between 1-200 characters and unique.
- Select a Base Type artifact in the corresponding field to model your new Custom Artifact Type after. This is a required field.
- Enter an optional group label in the corresponding field.
- Enter a default description in the Default Description field to give your users added context when creating and accessing this specific Custom Artifact Type.
- To assign properties to your new Custom Artifact Type, see the Assign Project Properties to a Project Artifact Type article.
- Click Save.