Manage Project Roles
Privileges for users are defined by project administrators within project roles. Project Roles offer you a powerful way to control access to a project.
As a project administrator, you can use Project Roles to define various levels of access based on your team or organization's needs. You can then assign users and groups to the appropriate Project Roles.
a) the "View Groups, Project Roles, and Project Role Assignments" privilege in their Project Administrator Role, or
b) the "Administer All Projects" privilege in their Instance Administrator Role.
For more information on Project Administrator Roles, see the Manage Project Administrator Roles article. For more information on Instance Administrator Roles, see the Manage Instance Administrator Roles article..
To access and manage Project Roles:
- In the Administration Portal, click Projects and select the project you want to manage Project Roles for.
For information on how to access the Admin Portal, see the About the Administration Portal article.
- Under Projects, click User Management and select Project Roles.
- The Project Roles page displays all the Project Roles for that project. Click a role in the Name column to see its details.
You can also sort the list by clicking a column header to display each column in alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order.
- The page displayed provides all the details for that Project Role including:
- Its description
- All associated privileges indicated by a selected checkbox
- Its associated Project Administrator Role.
- That Project Administrator's Role description.
- Its associated Meaning of Signature, if Meaning of Signature is enabled for the project.
- The Group Assignments for that Project Role by clicking the Project Group Assignments tab.
- For information on how to complete further actions regarding Project Roles, click one of the following links: