Copy a Project Artifact Type
In cases where you want to create a Project Artifact Type that is similar to one that already exists but you want to make minor changes, Storyteller administrators can copy an existing Project Artifact Type's values into a new Custom Artifact Type and make alterations as needed, providing even greater flexibility at the project level.
Project Administrators can copy a Standard Artifact Type's values into a new Custom Artifact Type. This will not modify the Standard Artifact Type.
To copy an existing Project Artifact Type's values into a new Custom Artifact Type:
- In the Storyteller Administration Portal, click Projects and select the project you want to copy a Project Artifact Type from.
For information on how to access the Admin Portal, see the About the Administration Portal article.
- Under Projects, click Artifact Management and select Project Artifact Types.
- On the Project Artifact Types list page, click the artifact type you want to copy.
You can search for it by name or prefix using the search bar in the upper right corner.
You can also sort the list by clicking the column header to display each column in alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order.
- On the artifact type's details page, click Copy at the bottom of the page.
- In the page displayed, all values from the copied Project Artifact Type have been carried over to your new artifact. Edit the following copied fields as needed:
- Edit the artifact type's name by clicking the name in the header and making your changes.
- Group Label
- Default Description
- To manage Project Properties, see the Assign Project Properties to a Project Artifact Type article.
- Click Save.