Glossary terms can be referenced when used to define other artifacts in the repository, providing users with quick, easy access to clarity and consistency with a single click.
There are three ways to add a glossary term:
- With a quick key, if you know the term you want to reference
- With the Links menu in the rich text control
- With the Glossary Recommendation feature
Add a Glossary Reference with a Quick Key
To reference a glossary term with a quick key:
- When entering text in any rich text field for an artifact, enter ^ (caret) and begin typing the word you want to create a Glossary Reference for.
- As you type, Blueprint queries the instance for matching glossary terms to select from. Select the matching result displayed. The first term displayed is from a Glossary in the same project if one exists.
Add a Glossary Reference with the Links Menu
To reference a glossary term with the Links menu:
- Highlight the term you want to create a Glossary Reference for.
- Click the Links menu () in the rich text control and select Add Glossary Reference.
- In the Add Glossary Reference modal displayed:
- Locate or search for the Glossary artifact where the source term and definition you want to reference reside.
- Expand the Terms artifact in the modal and select the term you want to reference.
- Click Add.
Add a Glossary Reference with Glossary Recommendation
Within any rich text property in an artifact, you can view all Glossary Reference possibilities within the entire field property. To search for and identify any glossary references that can be added to a term in any rich text field in an artifact:
- Click the Links menu () in the rich text control and select Glossary Recommendation.
A search is conducted on the entire text in the rich text field.
- In the Glossary Reference Recommendation modal displayed:
- Terms with matching properties that can have a Glossary Reference added are underlined in green.
- Select the underlined term (which corresponds to a project and artifact) that you want to add a Glossary Reference for.Glossary Recommendations search for and display results across projects. You should only select artifacts where you have edit permissions.
- Click Apply.