Define Actions in a Workflow that are Triggered by Transitions
The Workflow XML schema supports the following three types of events that will trigger actions:
- A Transition
- An artifact property change
- The creation of a new artifact
The Workflow Canvas supports Transition-triggered Actions.
To defined Transition-triggered Actions:
- On the Canvas, select the Transition that will trigger one or more Actions.
- On the Canvas toolbar, select Add Action.
- In the Transition Settings dialog, select one of the following available options:
- Send Email Notification
- Update Property
- Create Child Artifact
- Create Test Cases
- Create User StoriesProcess-specific Actions (creating test cases or user stories) exist only if at least one Process-type artifacts is associated with the Workflow.
- If applicable, define the Action properties.
- Add up to 10 Actions in the order they are executed when the Transition occurs.
- You can also add another Action to the end of the existing sequence, cycle through a sequence, and delete the currently viewed Action.
- Click Save.
The new Action is displayed on the Canvas, along the Transition path.