Copy a Project Role
As a project administrator with the corresponding privileges, there might be cases where you want a similar Project Role as one that already exists with slight alterations.
In those cases, you can copy an existing Project Role to create a new one and make modifications as needed.
a) the "View Groups, Project Roles, and Project Role Assignments" privilege in their Project Administrator Role, or
b) the "Administer All Projects" privilege in their Instance Administrator Role.
For more information on Project Administrator Roles, see the Manage Project Administrator Roles article. For more information on Instance Administrator Roles, see the Manage Instance Administrator Roles article.
To copy a Project Role:
- In the Administration Portal, click Projects and select the project you want to copy a Project Role for.
For information on how to access the Admin Portal, see the About the Administration Portal article.
- Under Projects, click User Management and select Project Roles.
- On the Project Roles page displayed, click the role you want to copy.
- Click Copy at the bottom of the page.
- In the page displayed:
- Click the default name in the header and enter a new name for the Project Role you are creating.
- Edit the copied description for the role in the Description field. This will give other administrators quick context for reference when managing roles
- Edit the privileges copied over to be associated with the role by selecting or clearing the checkbox for each desired privilege in the Privileges section.
- Edit the associated Project Administrator Role copied over in the corresponding field. All Project Groups assigned to the role will have that Project Administrator Role assigned to them.
The Project Administrator Role Description is automatically populated according to the role selected in the Projected Administrator Role field.
- Edit the associated Meaning of Signature copied over in the corresponding field. All Project Groups assigned to the role will have that Meaning of Signature associated with them.
The Meaning of Signature field only appears for roles in projects where Meaning of Signatures have been enabled.
- To edit the role's assigned project groups, see the Assign Project Groups to a Project Role article.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.