Add Valid Values to a Choice Type Standard Property
As a Blueprint administrator, you can create and configure Choice type Standard Properties with valid values that your users can select from, and assign them to Standard Artifact Types.
This might be beneficial when your organization wants to apply a specific property with defined values that your users can select to maintain consistency.
To add valid values to a Choice type Standard Property:
- In the Administration Portal, under Instance, click Artifact Management and select Standard Properties.For information on how to access the Admin Portal, see the About the Administration Portal article.
- In the Standard Property's page, click the name of the Choice type property you want to add valid values to.
You can search for the property by name using the search bar in the upper right corner.
You can also sort the list by clicking a column header to display each column in alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order.
- In the Standard Property's details page, click Add Valid Value.
- Define the following for your new valid value:
- Click the edit icon in the Valid Value column and enter the value you want to define.
- If you want to define it as a default value, select the corresponding checkbox in Default column.
- You can order your valid values and define the order they appear in the dropdown to users in Blueprint when defining that property by clicking the directional arrows in the Order column.
- Click Save.