Edit a Standard Property
Blueprint administrators can modify Standard Properties by editing their name, reconfiguring the property's settings, or adjusting which Standard Artifact Types they're assigned to.
To edit a Standard Property:
- In the Administration Portal, under Instance, click Artifact Management and select Standard Properties.For information on how to access the Admin Portal, see the About the Administration Portal article.
- In the Standard Property's page, click the name of the property you want to edit.
You can search for the property by name using the search bar in the upper right corner.
You can also sort the list by clicking a column header to display each column in alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order.
- In the Standard Property's details page displayed, edit the following fields as needed:
- Edit the Standard Property's name by clicking the name in the header and making your changes.
- Type of property. The Standard Property types available are: Text, Number, Date, Choice, User.
- In the Settings section, modify the settings for your Standard Property like whether it is a required field or has a default value and what that default value is.
To edit valid values for Choice type properties, see the Edit Valid Values for a Choice Type Standard Property article.
- To assign the property to a Standard Artifact Type, see the Assign Standard Properties to a Standard Artifact Type article.
To unassign the property from a Standard Artifact Type, see the Unassign Standard Properties from a Standard Artifact Type article.
- Click Save.